FOR ROSE CREAMER
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 1 1/2 cups Organic half and half or milk
- 2-4 tablespoons organic cane sugar (if you want extra sweetness)
- small dash of rose water (optional)
- 3 1/3 cups or filtered water, bring to boil and let stand for about 3-5 minutes
- 1/3 cup of freshly ground coffee
- 1 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Make infused creamer or milk. Heat all ingredients except the rosewater over medium and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar. Once simmering, remove from heat and cover.
- Steep 15 minutes to overnight, tasting occasionally. If steeping overnight steep until it reaches room temperature, and then place in the fridge to continue steeping.
- Strain. Add a small dash of rosewater if desired for more rose flavor. I add a drop or two (very little) of the concentrated kind for baking (not the kind sold in middle eastern groceries, which is more diluted. you can use that too but would add a bit more to get the same effect)
- Now make your coffee. Bring the water to a boil and let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grind your coffee on the medium fine setting on your grinder, and place the filter in your brewer.
- Rinse the paper filter with hot water and discard the water before proceeding.
- Place ice cubes in the carafe, and place the grounds in the filter.
- Bloom the coffee grounds by pouring approximately 50 grams of the hot water over the grounds (or simply just covering the grounds) and let stand for 30-45 seconds.
- Proceed to slowly pour half of the water in concentric circles over the grounds. Let the water level brew down and refill it to the original water line until there is no more water left.
- Once brewed if there are any unmelted pieces of ice, give the carafe a gentle swirl.
- Serve over ice with your milk or creamer. Enjoy!