Recipe developed by Jordan Taylor, Salt and Light Kitchen
2 teaspoons dried lavender buds
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan, combine your heavy whipping cream and dried lavender buds.
- Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
- Pour the infused cream through a mesh strainer to remove the lavender buds.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours until completely chilled.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer, adding sweetener (sugar, powdered sugar, stevia, etc.) per your personal preference.
You can also cheat by using a few drops of lavender extract and throwing it in a magic bullet if you own one! Instant whipped cream!
Top off your favorite dessert with your new lavender whipped cream. We added some to Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins!