Rose Tea which is derived from dried rose buds is one of the most beneficial beverages health wise around. Despite these benefits it is still just garnering popularity, not being as commonly used as the regular tea leaves. It is rich in vitamin C which is more prominent in citrus based fruits. Rose tea contains a large amount of polyphenols along with several other antioxidants like quercetin and ellagic acid. Polyphenols are natural antioxidants which are well known for their ability to repair cellular damage and protect the body against serious illnesses including heart disease, bone weakness and cancer.
Below are some of the main benefits of using Rose Tea:
- IMMUNITY BOOST: The very high vitamin C content of rose tea makes it a wonderful natural boost for your immunity system. A strong immune system will help you to stay generally healthier and keep those annoying flus and colds at arm’s length so drink up and enjoy.
- MENSTRUAL PAIN: Rose tea has traditionally been enjoyed around the world to alleviate some of the symptoms of menstruation, in particular to ease painful cramping. Until fairly recently, there was no scientific evidence to support these claims but in 2005 a study conducted in Taiwan was able to confirm its effectiveness. In adolescence, the painful symptoms of menstruation are also linked with significantly poorer academic and sporting performance and the aim of the study was to examine the effects of rose tea on both pain and the knock on psychological effects of menstruation.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Before getting your hopes up too high, I should mention that there are no miracle fat busting compounds contained in rose tea. It is however a healthy calorie free alternative to many of the sugar-laden drinks that we tend to consume in excess. Simply drinking rose or any other healthy teas as a substitute your soda or sweet creamy coffee will help you to control your weight in the long term.
Here are some other benefits of Rose Tea:
- It clears toxins and heat from the body. As a result it has a cooling effect on the body.
- It can relieve from sore throat, runny nose and blocked bronchial tubes.
- It is useful to people that are prone to chest problems by fighting against infections.
- Rose tea helps to fight the infection in the digestive tract and re-establish the normal bacterial population of the intestines.
- It relieves fluid retention and hastens the elimination of wastes through kidneys.
- It is a wonderful remedy for dysentery, diarrhea and gastro enteritis.